Benefits of Closed-Cell Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF)
SPF reduces energy use in the following ways:
- Has high R-value per inch - (open-cell 3.5 per inch and closed-cell 6.0 per inch)
- Eliminates air infiltration
- Helps control moisture and condensation
- Reduces convective currents in walls and attics
- Eliminates wind washing
- Effective at low and high temperatures
- Provides the correct environment so that the ventilation system performs more efficiently
- SPF reduces drafts and increases comfort.
- SPF helps maintain a comfortable, constant, temperature throughout the building,
from room to room and floor to floor.
- SPF assists in improving indoor air quality.
- SPF reduces the infiltration of outside air pollutants and soil gases.
SPF can reduce moisture condensation and mold growth within the building walls and roof.
- Excellent insulation efficiency of SPF can reduce heating and cooling usage dramatically.
- HVAC equipment can be down-sized, thereby reducing construction costs.
- SPF will not sag or settle. SPF can eliminate the need for separate housewrap and vapor retarders.
- SPF helps conserve energy, reducing CO2 emissions.
- SPF contributes LEED credits for sustainable, green construction.
SPF can help reduce structural damage caused by high winds.
SPF contains no formaldehyde or ozone depleting substances.
Credit: http://www.sprayfoam.org/index.php?page id=38
©2003-2017 Website Hosting and Design by www.ManagementSpecialties.com